Mandala Crafts 12 14 16 18 20 22 Gauge Anodized Jewelry Making Beading Floral Colored Aluminum Craft Wire (18 Gauge, Copper)
- Bendable and colored wire for crafts from solid aluminum; Soft, flexible, and pliable; Colorful and shiny; Weather-resistant and corrosion free; Rust and tarnish free; Made for indoor and outdoor use; Malleable and durable; Easy to bend or cut; Marring and blemish free; Kink-free; Thin wires with 18 AWG or higher are dead soft and thick wire with 16 AWG or lower are half hard;
- VERSATILE: Sculpturing, wire weaving, decorating, crafting, beading, jewelry making, floral arranging, gardening, fence repairing, wire shaping for amateur education, or wrapping; Great for making sculptures, necklaces, gem wrap pendants, bracelets, earrings, ornaments, mesh, chainmail, toys, and DIY artistic projects;
- Shiny and vibrant colors; Continuous length and consistent color; Colors are not easy to flake off when being bent or smashed with coated tools;
- Extra-long: Set of 1 colorful roll; Easy to dispense spool packaging; Please note that colors might vary slightly from the images due to computer resolution and photography light setting; Colors vary slightly from different lots;
- Warranty: 45 days. Mandala Crafts, a trademark solely owned by Mandala Trading Inc., is the only distributor of Mandala Crafts.
This malleable yet durable wire is perfect for wrapping, bending, and shaping. It can be easily hammered and stamped. The wire hardens nicely with a chasing hammer. The bright and fine anodized color does not flake off when being bent or smashed as long as coated tools are used. The moldable wire bends easily but is stiff and strong enough to hold its shape once you learn how to build it well. It can be straightened or bent with hands and be cut with scissors or wire cutters easily.
The creative uses of this lightweight and easy to form wire is only limited by imagination. The finger friendly and bendable characteristics makes it great to repair jewelry, start an artistic DIY project, or even for an amateur to learn how to wire wrap and shape. For jewelry making, it can be wrapped around gemstones or made into earrings, necklaces, bracelets, or chainmaille. For crafting, this hobby craft wire can be shaped into wreaths, hangers, coasters, picture frames & holders, sun catchers, sculptures, napkin rings, letters, mesh, ornaments, bird feeders, doll frames, and decorative embellishments. It can also be used in costume making or as supporting brim for sunhats. Other applications include fence repairs, floral arrangements, or even yard art creations.
The wire has a broad AWG gauge selection including some hard to find ones. The packing length is about three times of the industry standard but the price is only a fraction of it.
Inch / mm / Gauge Conversion
The higher the gauge number, the thinner and softer the wire. Colors might vary from different dye lots.
0.025″ / 0.64mm / 22 G
0.032″ / 0.8mm / 20 G
0.04″ / 1mm / 18 G
0.052″ / 1.3mm / 16 G
0.064″ / 1.6mm / 14 G
0.081″ / 2mm / 12 G
About Mandala Crafts
Mandala Crafts is located in Austin, TX. We have been making quality crafting products with care and professionalism since 2001.