- Individual stones within the Zentron Crystals package are unique and will all differ slightly. These pieces are between 1″ to 1.5″ in size. Keep in mind the differences in size and shape will vary the amount of stones you will receive
- Part of the Zentron Crystal Collection a top quality assortment of hundreds of beautiful gemstones and crystals found throughout the globe
- This for 1/2 Pound lot of stones (.22 Kilograms, 1133 carats, 8 ounces)
- Our 1/2 Pound and 1 Pound lots come in a protective velvet bag for extra protection as well as easy storage and handling
- Uses of our gemstones are infinite in possiblities. Some of these uses include: cabbing, tumbling, lapidary, healing, jewelry, cutting, decoration, reiki or metaphysical
Humans have been mystified by amethyst since its discovery in ancient times. The Egyptians used this stone in artwork, while the Greeks beleived that it protected against drunkenness. In fact, the word amethyst comes from the Greek amethustos, which translates as “not intoxicated”. As late as the Middle-Ages, Europeans widely believed that this stone possessed mystical powers. Before the discovery of large deposits in Brazil, this stone was so prized that it was valued on par with diamonds, emeralds, rubies, and sapphires as one of the five cardinal gemstones. Today amethyst is prized mainly for its aesthetic properties, although it is still used by some practitioners of metaphysical rituals. Amethyst is a variety of quartz. Its purple color comes from trace materials in the stone. It is the birthstone of February and is associated with the (7th) crown chakra. This lot of Rough Amethyst comes in a velvet bag. These bags are very handy with keeping your stones together for storage or transport. The velvet gives it an extra layer of protection from damage.